Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Making a statement: Nearly a week after "stepping down" as publisher of Image Comics, Jim Valentino makes a statement in the Image Central forum supporting Erik Larsen:

"In an effort to try and calm some things, I will say publically what I've said privately: Philosophcally, Erik Larsen is closer to me than anyone almost anywhere. I trust his intentions implicitly and I urge everyone else to.

"No book that I have green lit will be canceled (so, relax, Doc). He's a good man. He believes in creator's rights. He believes in self-determination.

"And, most importantly, he believes in Image's commitment to same.

"While I'm here, I would like to thank all of my well wishers for their support. Please forgive if I am not on here as often as I was in the past.

"I now return you to your regularly scheduled nonsense."