Wednesday, March 31, 2004

Catwoman honored: The Gay & Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation honored Catwoman as "Outstanding Comic Book" Saturday at its 15th annual GLAAD Media Awards. Other nominees were The Authority, Gotham Central, How Loathsome and Strangers in Paradise.

Silver Bullet Comic Books has the item, culled from a DC Comics release, which includes this comment from Catwoman writer Ed Brubaker:

"I'm thrilled to see our work on this book once again getting recognized by the outside media, although, personally, I thought that my Gotham Central partners, Greg Rucka and Michael Lark, deserved to win for their Renée Montoya arc. But it's great to see a depiction of a normal, loving couple who just happen to both be women getting recognition. Holly and Karon are two of my favorite characters to write, and I'm glad they've struck such a chord with readers, hopefully because of how real they are."