Saturday, May 01, 2004

Playing catchup: Between a free-lance project and a family emergency, I haven't been at the top of my blogging game these past few days. There were several items I'd meant to link to, but didn't. Ah, well. Good intentions and all of that. So, here they are ... the Links That Got Away (well, at least some of them):

* Christopher Butcher banged out a couple of solid posts on Viz's distribution deal with Simon & Schuster, and DC Comics' acquisition of the North American rights for the Humanoids and Rebellion libraries.
* Rick Geerling reviews AiT/Planet Lar's Planet of the Capes, while Bill Sherman combs through The Annotated Mantooth.
* Steve Pheley dives head-first into the blogosphere with some concise posts about "comics activism," the lessons the industry can learn from Viz and Tokyopop, and the dominance of superheroes.
* I have an odd fondness for The Legion of Super-Heroes that dates back to fourth or fifth grade, when I won a tattered, coverless issue at a school carnival. I haven't read any of the book's incarnations with any regularity since my freshman year of college, so it's nice to see Bruce Baugh tackling Legion Lost and The Legion.
* For the capes-and-tights set, Sumoforce has been posting some great reviews of superhero comics.