Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Molding Plastic Man: The Pulse chats with Scott Morse about filling in for Kyle Baker on Plastic Man #7:

"I'm incredibly psyched. I had worked up a series pitch before I knew Kyle was on the book, so I already had some PLAS aspirations that I wanted to fulfill. I jumped on the chance when Joey Cavalieri gave me the call to do a fill-in. And I nearly wet my pants when he said I could fully paint it and write it, too. Joey and I have been trying to find the perfect thing to work on together for awhile. When we first met, he commented on how I had trained under Maurice Noble at Chuck Jones' animation studio, and how he just wanted to see those sensibilities work into a good comic. Nobody really touches that stuff, that flavor, and it communicates so well visually. Luckily some room opened up on the PLAS schedule and I could run with it."