Friday, July 16, 2004

Just imagine Stan Lee ... In an interview with Voice of America, Stan Lee talks about the creation of the Marvel Universe, and plans for developing new characters for film and television through his POW! Entertainment:
 
"... See, I have a funny situation. I'm still the chairman emeritus of Marvel, but that's more or less an honorary title. And I have a great contract that allows me still to do anything else I want. So I'm sort of tired of living on the past glory of Spider-Man and the X-Men and the Hulk and Daredevil and all the others that I created. ...
 
"... I'm working on superheroes. Actually what I'm doing, you might call it custom-tailoring characters. There are certain movie actors, stars that I'm working with, and I'm creating characters just for them. I can't mention who they are yet because, as you know, when these things come about, the studio likes to make the big announcement themselves. But I can say I'm working with three really big-name stars now on brand-new franchises, and it's very exciting."