Monday, October 04, 2004

My SPX haul: As I mentioned last night, I attended my first SPX this weekend, and had a great time. I was really impressed with the overall quality of comics -- graphic novels, minicomics and full-sized singles -- and was pleasantly surprised by the number of creators producing "all-ages" books. I only wish I had a bigger budget to purchase more. Here's a rundown of what I did grab:

*Brendan Comics Vol. 1, by Brendan Burford (Syncopated Comics)
*Happy Town: The Collection Vol. 1, by Justin Madson (Just Mad Books)
*Oddity: A Collection of Short Works, by Kyle Cummings, Joey Comeau and Darius Wadia
*Flight Vol. 1, by various (Image Comics) -- because I'm one of only six people who hadn't bought it yet
*Point Pleasant, by Chad Lambert, Ryan Scott, Jason Moser, Michael Gray and Dan Barlow (Ape Entertainment)
*Ape Omnibus Vol. 1, by various (Ape Entertainment)
*Zoe #1, by Patrick Neighly and Donny Hadiwidjaja (Mad Yak Press)
*Rex Steele: Nazi Smasher Vol. 1, by Matt Peters and Bill Presing (Monkeysuit Press)
*Teen Boat! #1-2, by John Green and Dave Roman (Cryptic Press)
*Dead West (Test), by Rick Spears and Rob G (Gigantic Graphic Novels)
*Everyman: Be The People Vol. 1, by Dan and Steven Goldman and Joe Bucco (FWD Books)
*Buzzboy Vols. 1 and 2, by John Gallagher (Sky Dog Press)