Wednesday, November 26, 2003

Convention tension: This weekend is Mid-Ohio Con in Columbus. It also marks my first venture into convention territory, so we'll see how that goes.

I'll be at the Digital Webbing table, hawking copies of "Digital Webbing Presents" and doing whatever else exhibitors (exhibitionists?) do. I'm sure it'll be fun, but at this point I'm not excited about it. Sure, it'll be nice to finally meet some of the people with whom I've previously only interracted online. And maybe I'll be introduced to that person who'll help me launch my career.

But the rest of the convention experience just doesn't appeal to me. I mean, I enjoy the work of Alan Davis, P. Craig Russell, Michael Avon Oeming and the like, but I just don't see me waiting in line to have them sign a comic. What am I going to do with an autograph? (On a vaguely similar note, can anyone tell me why Larry "Soup Nazi" Thomas is at the convention? Anyone?)

It will, however, give me a chance to buy some comics since, as we all know by now, my local shop is terrible. Maybe, just maybe, I'll even come back with some manga. No guarantees there, though.