Monday, December 01, 2003

The Con Report (sort of): Where was I? Oh, right: Mid-Ohio Con. Despite the Columbus sniper shootings, threat of bad weather and my generally screwed up sleep schedule, the convention (my first) was a fun time.

We gave out literally thousands of "Digital Webbing Presents" special issues, I spent far too much money on comics, and I got to meet a lot of people, some of whom I'd only known from online.

Definitely check out "Possum at Large," "Shades of Blue" and "Super Hero Happy Hour." Chad Lambert, Jim Harris and Dan Taylor are nice guys, and their books are great.

I had a chance to speak briefly with Christopher Golden and Beau Smith (and gave them copies of my story), as well Brian Michael Bendis (and daughter) and Michael Avon Oeming.

I also looked over a couple of promising artist portfolios, so I may have some more potential collaborators lined up. That's always nice.

Now, on to the purchases:

"Nightmares & Fairy Tales" #3-6; "Courtney Crumrin and the Coven of Mystics" collected digest; "Courtney Crumrin and the Night Things" #3; "Super Hero Happy Hour" #1-4; "Shades of Blue" collected edition, Vol. 1, and issues #7-10; "B.P.R.D.: Hollow Earth & Other Stories" (25% off); "Hellboy: The Chained Coffin and Others" and "Hellboy: The Right Hand of Doom" (25% off); "Hellblazer" #190; "The Legion" #27; and "The Losers" #6.

I'm not really sure how much I spent, and I'm trying to keep it that way.