Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Dead man talking: CHUD.com talks to Robert Kirkman about the success of The Walking Dead:

"I think if The Walking Dead has done anything, it really has told people that I can do more than the goofy superhero type stuff. I’ve gotten a lot of compliments on the range that The Walking Dead shows, because it’s completely different than anything I’ve ever done. I think it shows people that I can do a serious drama, because everything that I’ve written before The Walking Dead had some level of comedy in it. I think The Walking Dead is not funny in the least.

"As for effect ... The Walking Dead sales figures started going up with issue three, and we’ve gained sales on each issue after that. Just recently Invincible sales figures have gone up as well. I don’t know if that’s because people are reading The Walking Dead and come over to Invincible, or whether it’s the word of mouth that’s being generated from both books. But I can definitely see how the success of The Walking Dead is helping my other projects."