Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Jones goes exclusive with DC: DC Comics has announced that Bruce Jones has signed a two-year exclusive agreement. Jones will start his tenure with the Vigilante miniseries, previously set to be written by Micah Wright:

"I've been itching to come over and play in the DC sandbox for years now -- to reacquaint myself with old friends both inside the books and out, and to meet new faces. Some of my earliest work was for DC, and it's been too long since I roamed the New York editorial halls (and now the La Jolla editorial halls!) figuratively and literally. I honestly think VIGILANTE is shaping up to be one of my best efforts, and I'm looking forward to continued work with Alex Sinclair on the series. At the same time, I'm enjoying my work with Jonathan Vankin, Joey Cavalieri, Scott Dunbier, and others, as well as Karen Berger on several weird and way-out VERTIGO projects. All in all, I think this is going to be one of my most exciting times in comics!"