Sunday, October 03, 2004

So that's SPX: I just arrived home from my first SPX. I travel worse than fruit and wine, but I managed to have a wonderful time. I met bloggerati Christopher Butcher, Scott Robins and Heidi MacDonald -- all great folks -- but missed Ed Cunard and Comic World News columnist Shawn Hoke. They may have been devoured by wolves.

I also bought some fantastic prints from Scott's friend Kyle Cummings (specifically, this one, this one and this one), chatted a little with Mike Mignola about obscure Victorian ghost-story authors and Susanna Clarke's Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell, and picked up more books than I'd planned, simply because there were so many good ones. See? Good times, good times. Thanks, Ron and Kelly, for hauling my butt to Bethesda.

I'll file a more detailed report tomorrow, with some tidbits gleaned from the Jeff Smith and Eric Powell/Mignola panels, and a breakdown of the books I bought.