Monday, February 07, 2005

Middaugh full-time with Del Rey, leaves Seven Seas

This may have been reported elsewhere, but I don't remember seeing it: In the February edition of the Del Rey Manga newsletter, director of manga Dallas Middaugh announced he accepted a full-time position with the company on Jan. 11, and will no longer be dividing his time between the Random House imprint and the fledgling Seven Seas Entertainment.

Middaugh launched Seven Seas in September 2004 with Jason DeAngelis:
What does this mean for you? Well, not much, really. But for me it means actually going out into the sun again, something my pale, ghostlike skin may or may not be able to tolerate...

I leave Seven Seas in the extremely capable hands of Jason DeAngelis, and I'll still be giving him what support and advice I can from behind the scenes. Seven Seas' first books are due out late in February, so keep an eye out for them!