Monday, October 27, 2003

Is "lackluster" one word or two? Marvel's solicitations for January were released today. I'm not particularly anti-Marvel. I'm just non-plussed by the selection for January.

Grant Morrison's final "New X-Men" storyline begins, so I'll definitely pick that up. I've never been a fan of Marc Silvestri, but if the previews are any indication, this is some of the strongest work of his career.

I stopped reading "Uncanny X-Men" several months ago, simply because I can't stomach Chuck Austen's writing anymore. However, this Salvador Larroca cover for #438 is beautiful.

Other titles I'll probably pick up: "NYX" #4 (the first issue was decent, and I like Middleton's art), "Daredevil" #56 (the return of Bendis and Maleev), "Runaways" #10, and maybe "Marvel 1602" #6.

Unfortunately, January also starts Austen's run on "Avengers" Oh, well.