Thursday, April 22, 2004

The thrill is gone? Also at Silver Bullet Comic Books, Regie Rigby laments that many comics just don't excite him like they used to:

"Perhaps it’s a reliability thing. I was quite excited by Ministry of Space when issue one came out. But issues were so far apart I forgot the story in-between editions. That’s been known to happen in ongoing books, which I can just about forgive, but in a limited issue series there’s no excuse surely? Why not wait until the whole thing is finished before putting out the first issue? If it’s good enough for Peter Jackson, it’s good enough for us surely?

"There seems to be a slightly slapdash attitude amongst some creators (and in spite of the previous example I’m not actually having a go at the Min of Space team here) which does kinda take the gloss off for me at the moment. Sort of a 'well, if they don’t care, why should I?' attitude, which might well suggest that although I’m not growing out of comics, I am growing up a bit and as I get older I get less tolerant."