Thursday, May 20, 2004

The comics jones: I took my once-in-a-blue-moon pilgrimage to the region's one good comic shop this afternoon, and loaded up on books both old and new:

* Julius, by Antony Johnston and Brett Welder
* Bite Club #2, by Howard Chaykin, David Tischman and David Hahn (I wasn't overly impressed with the first issue, but I'm giving it a second chance)
* Demo #5-6, by Brian Wood and Becky Cloonan
* Gotham Central #19, by Ed Brubaker and Michael Lark
* The Losers #11, by Andy Diggle and Jock
* Seaguy #1, by Grant Morrison and Cameron Stewart
* District X #1, by David Hine and David Yardin
* Wizard Edge (yeah, it's been that long since I've been to a good comic shop)
* Catwoman: Selina's Big Score hardcover, by Darwyn Cooke
* Sleeper #1-3, by Ed Brubaker and Sean Phillips (for a friend; they were out of the trades)
* Newtype #5
So, I should be set, at least for a couple of weeks. Heck, if I come off my comics high, I may even crank out a couple of reviews this weekend ...