Wednesday, February 02, 2005

Stan Lee offers character tips to game developers

IGN reports that Stan Lee dazzled the crowd at the D.I.C.E. (Design, Innovate, Communicate, Entertain) Summit in Las Vegas:
"A few years ago [I was asked] to go to Pixar," Lee said as he began his half-hour lecture. "I went over there and poured my heart out to them about everything I knew about creating characters and so forth. Now, after that speech, they did a movie called Toy Story, they did Finding Nemo, they did The Incredibles -- so do the math." Lee later noted his favorite part of the movie was "the girl whose arms could stretch. I thought that was the cleverest idea." Not to worry, Stan isn't going to be suing Pixar anytime soon, that's just a taste of the acerbic wit he displays on stage.
There's also a brief Q&A with Lee about the future of comics, POW! Entertainment, and the supposed Golden and Silver ages. ("I don't even know what a 'Silver Age writer' means. I get so confused. I have no idea which the Gold Age is and the Silver Age is.)