Monday, November 03, 2003

Lightning response: Alan David Doane and Tony Isabella respond to the comments I made yesterday regarding the recent uproar over DC's treatment of the Black Lightning character.

Needless to say, Isabella didn't care for what I had to say, and tells ADD:

"Most of what he wrote was a contemptible attempt to impugn my character and motives and thus not deserving of response.

"However, I did abruptly leave the second Black Lightning series.

"Through no wish of mine own.

"As has been reported frequently, I was fired from the second series for "lateness" after I turned in the script for the ninth issue.

"This was over two months before the first issue was shipped...

"...at a time when I was approximately 6-8 weeks ahead of the company production schedule and my artist was just starting work on issue #6.

"Either Melrose was ignorant of these often-reported facts or chose not to mention them in his blog."