Thursday, December 02, 2004

Shiny, shiny, shiny boots of leather

On his blog, new Catwoman writer Will Pfeifer comments on yesterday's news that Pete Woods will join him on the book, and shows off some lovely Woods art:
I'd been hoping these beans would be spilled sooner rather than later, because judging by the noise on the DC Message Boards, Pete was the choice of CATWOMAN fans all over. All I can say is wait 'til you see his art on the book. It goes beyond what he's done before and heads off in new directions. I couldn't be happier that he's the guy bringing my scripts to life.
He also has some kind words for departing writer Ed Brubaker:
I appreciate him speaking up on my behalf in various and sundry message boards. I've got some big shoes to fill with Selina and company, but Ed's blessing makes it easier. If you aren't reading his run, pick up the trades and back issues, you cheapskates! It's one of the best hero books out there. (Even if, strictly speaking, she's not always a hero.)