Friday, December 03, 2004

Lapham talks about tackling Batman

At The Pulse, David Lapham explains the differences between Stray Bullets and his 12-issue run on Detective Comics:

"For starters, they tell me there's no nudity or swearing. Oh, and in Stray Bullets, if I have someone running around in a spandex costume ... it means they're a pervert. Seriously, in a lot of ways it's actually not so different. I'm still trying to create stories that are tragic and twisted and terrifying. The biggest difference is in the production. I'm only responsible for the writing and layouts on this one. There's a squad of other creative talent and editors that are responsible for all the other jobs as opposed to on Stray Bullets where it's just (El Capitan publisher/editor) Maria and myself wearing all the hats."